Utilizing Twitter hashtags is a great way for educators to discover new teaching methods, learn about trending topics in pedagogy and raise awareness for their own projects. There’s many great Twitter hashtags available to educators, with focuses ranging from educational reform, to early-childhood education, to transformative learning and so on. Hashtags allow teachers to see new approaches, implementation, learning points and successful (or weak) examples that their peers are sharing. They’re also a great way for teachers to connect with other educators to ask questions or for advice.
Niche educational hashtags focus on specific learning methods
What about teachers who are looking to diversify their teaching approaches through certain tools? For instance, a teacher might be interested in using Minecraft for their upcoming math project. For finding compelling Minecraft ideas, similar to the Milan Urban Design project on Creatubbles, teachers can turn to #gbl, which covers game-based learning. In the same vein, teachers looking to integrate art into their history lessons might turn to #museumed (museum-based learning). Or, elementary school Computer Science teachers could follow #HourOfCode for ideas about innovative activities.
We put together a list of helpful educational hashtags for educators to keep an eye on.
15 valuable niche hashtags for education:
Tech-based hashtags utilize various apps, sites & devices
- #HourOfCode: centers around coding for young people
- #ADEchat: Apple distinguished educator chat
- #iPadEd: education through iOS apps and eBooks
- #gbl: game-based learning
- #edapp: educational apps
- #web20: digital & media literacy in education
- #mlearning: education through apps & mobile devices
- #elearning: eLearning
- #BlendedLearning: a mixture of face-to-face and online learning approaches
- #BYOD: bring your own device
Hashtags focused on educational theory
- #ESDGC: education for sustainability & global leadership
- #museumed: museum-based education
- #PBL: project-based learning and tools
- #flipclass: students learn lessons and home and practice during school hours
Hashtags focused on unique school environments
- #homeschool: everything related to homeschooling
What are some niche hashtags you follow? Let us know in the comment section below or reach out to us on Twitter at @creatubbles.
Creatubbles™ is the safe global community for creators of all ages. Save, share, discover and interact with multimedia creativity portfoliosSign up to Creatubbles
Creatubbles ™ è la comunità sicura e globale per i creatori di tutte le età. E' lo spazio ideale, adatto a bambini, famiglie e insegnanti, per salvare, condividere, scoprire e interagire con portfolio creativi e multimediali.Crea il tuo profilo